Friday, July 9, 2010

Crazy dreams #5, 6 & 7

5. I'm with the baby, really examining his features for the first time. It has my eyes (blue green) and Mike's lips (big). Kind of a combination of us. But he also looks like my cousin Scott with a full head of black hair. Cute but bizarre.

6. I am with the baby. He's very tiny, about 6 inches from head to toe, but that's normal. I am taking him for a walk across the Mass Ave. bridge in Boston (over the Charles River). It's fall and sunny but windy on the water. I don't have any blankets to swaddle him. He's clutching my chest like a baby monkey latched on. I keep checking him but he's not moving and his eyes are unresponsive. His body is cold. I pull him off and put my mouth over his chest to breath warm air. He stirs and I know he's okay.

7. It's a movie-like scene, very dramatic with long plot. The setting is a combination of two places. Half is at South Station (Boston) in the train yard. Down with the tracks, not on the platform. The other half is the Boston Globe warehouse with lots of gigantic reams of paper and forklift robots. The station/warehouse catches fire and portions are blocked off to prevent spreading. I am locked in and end up delivering the baby atop a very large ream of paper. A competent, but silent female security guard assists. Later I nonchalantly tell Mike and friends "Oh! I forgot to tell you, I had the baby today." But the baby isn't with me later, but that's not weird at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment