Thursday, June 10, 2010

[avocado - week 16]

This weekend...lots of things and energy for baby:
Friend's garage sale. 1.5 hours. Scored tons of baby loot. Books, clothes, bouncer, Boppy pillow, a big farewell hug from an amazing momma I truly adore. Check.

Birth and Baby Fair. 3 hours. Scored tons of baby loot. Gift bag (!) with diapers, stripey baby legwarmers, crawling jeans with padded knees, lots of brochures, coupons and gift cards. Check.

Home sorting goodies, saving coupons and reading brochures and magazines. 3 hours. Check.

I'm pretty spent on baby studies after all this. The "to read" pile is very tall. If we have a quake, I just may be injured from it toppling. Knock on wood.

...and something special for me: 
One of the awesome goodies I bought at the Birth and Baby Fair was a Comfy-Cozie shoulder warmer. It's a lovely cotton pouch full of rice. Pop it in the microwave and rest it across your shoulders. It's luscious and makes me all melty. This is extra helpful after reading mountains of baby information or if you're back is all janky from hunching over your keyboard all day. Plus, it's lovingly made by Rebecca in SF! Mine is in this gorgeous Amy Butler fabric which is enough to make me smile in itself.
I like this book: The Girlfriends Guide to Pregnancy 
It's got a very cool perspective. Not the "Everything is dangerous and will hurt you and your baby. Stay home and hibernate" sentiment of many books/blogs/sites/people who shall remain nameless. It's pretty much my favorite book to hold my hand so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment