Tuesday, May 18, 2010

[peach - week 13]

Last Friday we went to our first Giants game. Being the good mother that I am, I fed the baby a hot dog, some roasted peanuts, a sugar bomb of an ice tea and several handfuls of cotton candy. Then, like a child, I had a tummy ache. The Giants beat the Astros, whoever they are. I wore my Red Sox hat proudly. One of my favorite parts was post-game when the fans leave and the seagulls swarm the stands. It's a scene straight out of The Birds. Squawking and fighting and birds trying to swallow nacho chips whole.
I am wearing maternity jeans now. They have a wide elastic below the belly panel and no zipper. They pull right up and are still too big–despite Friday's meal. I'm going to eat a few spoonfuls of Nutella and see if they fit better. Here is a photo of me in my new pants. Sucking in my gut for who the hell knows why.
Before you report me to child welfare for malnutrition, I've begun my prenatal yoga classes. I had no idea there were so many pregnant ladies in my neighborhood. It made me feel slightly less isolated in my hipsters-not-mamas-unless-you-count-Hoochie-mamas neighborhood. Plus the classes are at Yoga Tree 10 blocks away and therefore bracketed by a mile walk each way. I like it. I also like snagging some salsa and a burrito from Papalote after class. Speaking of that, I'm pretty sure it's snack time...

No comments:

Post a Comment